Sunday, December 21, 2008

Lobster Thieves

From the Log . . .

I though it would be very nice if we had some lobster and knowing that the people had plenty, went to the beach in order to by some. I also too several heads of lettuce, some tomatoes and cucumbers, which I am sure were usable by the people that accepted them. I then asked if I could buy some lobsters and they gave me the same old story that you hear in Mexico, “manna sequreo” which mean tomorrow of course. As a matter of a fact, the only people who were present were young men and boys who could not man the skiffs and let us get some lobsters, so that we went back to the boat, hoisted the skiff aboard and had our dinner.

At 3:00 o’clock, it was very dark, except for a small moon that came up over the edge of the cliff inside of the cove and strangely enough we found that the Landfall had drifted very close to one of the lobster receptacle that was anchored in the cove. Another very strange occurrence was that there were six of the lobsters that seemed to be very lonely in their care and in one fashion or another transferred themselves to the deck of the Landfall, where we received them gratefully and put them in a sack.

_________________________________

My grandfather is a man who was bigger than life. I have mixed feelings about the above entry in his journal. Was the lobster transfer an aquatic jail break, or simple thievery?

On a different subject:

Tillerman challenged us to a writing quest.

This is my first attempt at fulfilling one of his challenges.

My entry in this challenge is the following:

"This post is simply the best because it is the beginning of something special, and I enjoy the start of something huge".

No comments: