Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What Price Freedom?


$30/month

Seems I had unlimited data service on my ATT phone.

There was a tidbit fed to me as I nodded my head and agreed to the $30 unlimitied data service: that I could use my new phone as a modem for my laptop?

Well, that was something I filed away for future reference a year ago. I took it out today, dusted it off, and called ATT.

I wanted to thrust off the chains that bound me to the corporate giant that issues me a paycheck (and the scrutiny of their IT goons). So I discovered that for (only) $30 a month in addition to the unknown cost of my existing unlimited data plan, I could in fact download some software, sign up (ATT was more than willing given that it will net them $360 this year alone), and transmit and receive.

This blog now comes to you from my mind to my fingertips, through the keys of my very personal laptop and courtesy of the USB Bus, through my phone and thence, to the world.

Provided I pay my monthly bill on time.

Captain John

No comments: