Friday, January 30, 2009

Three Bridge Fiasco Blogger Division – THE PLAN

Zen reminded me in a comment that perhaps there should be a plan. I was so wrapped up in my own preparations for the Three Bridge Fiasco, I kind of forgot the Blogger Division.

it didn't even occur to me until just now to check out Zen's Blog. I even forgot to check out EVK4’s post. Zen, if you read this email me at cptnjhn@gmail.com - I didn't figure out until just now that your boat won't be involved.

So completely off the top of my head, at the last minute, here is the PLAN:

If you are entered in the race itself, leave a comment on this post, or on EVK4’s post that links back to a post on your blog that identifies the boat you are on and its type and sail number.

Readers can then check out the Single Handed Sailing Society’s web page and figure out your start time. They can go to the Golden Gate Yacht Club, or any other place on the city front tomorrow to cheer and jeer your start and finish.

If you are not entered in the race, but are part of the Blogger Shadow Fleet Division, leave a comment here, link back to your post that describes your intentions. Be sure to identify your boat so others can smile or curse for your camera as you sail by.

Rules:

#1 Have Fun
#2 Don’t get run over
#3 Don’t run over someone
#4 Comment here before and after so readers of this Blog can find your posts.


I haven’t figured out how to place a link in a comment, so you can find the boat I’ll be on
here. Notice the fine appointments below deck. The ‘marine sanitation device’ is not shown, but it is in its own cabin (i.e. bathroom, with running water no less). There is a stereo, and an actual navigation station with lots of dials and switches. There is no internet connection, so I won’t be Blogging as I go. There is a sink with running water (if I can figure out which switch to throw). The Admiral is my crew for the event, so I expect she’ll make me wear the hat.

Have fun.

No comments: